The Gurdwara Gym Opens Again From Monday 3rd August 2020
Please note that the Khalsa Fitness gym opens this on the 3rd at 9am, using the booking system below.
Meanwhile, the Darbar of the Gurdwara Sahib will only open every Sunday to start with, will a full Divan. Sangat can attend for the whole duration, between 11am and 1pm each week, beginning on Sunday 9th August. More details coming soon.
In opening the gym, the Gurdwara sevadars have put in place a set of rules that minimise the risk of infection for our sangat using the gym.
You will be given an option to accept the following rules in the form below.
- Anyone who has signs of infection with Covid-19 or has come in contact with anyone showing the following signs, please do NOT attend the Gurdwara Sahib. The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
- If you have been abroad and come back from a country where government guidelines require you to self isolate for 14 days, you must NOT attend the gym until the isolation period is over.
- Each member is requested to clean each item of gym equipment they use/come in contact with before and after usage. Cleaning items will be provided.
- The following areas will be off limits:
Toilets, Sauna, Showers/Changing rooms, Boxing room, Sports Hall, The Base Youth Club, Gurbani recital rooms
- Please arrive and leave the facility promptly as sevadaar will need time to clean and get ready for the next gym attendee.
In Phase I, we will be using the booking system below to enable attendees to pre book a session before attending. For each session any number from ONE household (those living at one address) will be allowed to use the gym together. Each session is 1 hour long and this in this session the member(s) will have sole access to all the gym equipment. Each household is allowed to book 2 sessions per week (this will be re-assessed in the coming weeks)
Upon entry, each person attending will have their temperature checked (temperature will be logged by the sevadaars) and given some antibacterial gel to clean their hands. Please arrive changed and ready to train as there is no changing room facilities.
Bookings can be made below or manually calling the following number: Sarbjit Bhaji 07968 390085
We humbly ask sangat to adhere to these procedure until the Covid-19 virus restrictions ease, if these arrangements are not followed strictly then we may be forced to close again.